25 Tactics to increase blog traffic
Getting a traffic to your blog is the major concerns once you have setup your niche blog and started to post. In this post I have listed 25 Tactics to increase blog traffic. But, question may arise why needed traffic to your blog? This question might be bothering the reader, so lets answer this question first.
The blogger shared the topics and their knowledge so that other people can be benefitted but in the mean time they also want to monetise their blog and generate revenue. So, if there are huge follower of the blog then the blogger can generate more money from their blog. This is the main reason in most of the case why they want more web traffic.
So, lets start the ideas which can bring more traffic to your blog.
- First the design of your blog should be minimal and clear. If you have a crappy looking design, you’re missing out because too many of your hard earned visitors are leaving before they read your incredible content.
- Make sure the website is Google friendly and offer a sitemap and register for Google Webmaster Tools.
- Create online presence of your blog on social media (Facebook Page, Google+ account and Twitter)You can use the social media pages to interact with the visitors and push your updates via social media. Sometimes, visitor may get irritated because of too much use of social media so be careful to use only share button on the article post page on your blog.
- Use proper title for your post which is eye catchy
- You need to use the right title for your post, for example if your blog is about technology then you can use;- IT services and support provider Texas. The keyword and location both are in the title so it will be effective. Also, title should be more than 40 words and less then 70 according to Google search engine standards.
- Create google places
- Use Google Analytics
You need to use Google Analytics to identify and monitor the traffic flow to your website. Google Analytics will give you small script which you need to place in your blog.
- Submit your blog to other directory so that you can get backlinks to your website
- Submit the website url and short description to the local directory, some of the directory where you can submit are: www.yellowpages.com, www.yelp.com
- Use all the keywords in image alt tags for better SEO
- Use <H1> for the heading of your post, should focus main keywords under the heading
- Always define the Title of your post in <H1> as search engine will be reading the title of the post. This will help the search engine to identify the post and retrieve it quickly.
- Keep retweeting your blog updates in your twitter account
- Keep consistent with your blog updates and please remember the more you post the more chances you have in search engine visibility. As more post will have more keywords on the articles and Google love the new and fresh contents all the time. Also, try to write longer posts and create truly epic content,
- Make a PDF file of your post and submit it to different document sharing website. Try creating an infographic or slideshare presentation.
- Focus on long tail content keywords which will be long term SEO success.
- Make the website run faster, use Google developer (PageSpeed Insights) to test the loading speed of your website. Site speed is a major factor now in search engine rankings. Consider moving to a faster web host and use plugin (if you are on WordPress try using ZenCache).
- Upload videos on Youtube and Vimeo and make sure a link to your site is in the description and video.
- Comment on other blogs with useful comments. Do not just write “Great Post” but write few lines about the post and give true useful comments.
- Link to all your posts with StumbleUpon.
- Include your blog’s URL in your email signature. It will help receiver to know your blog address and helps your blog to spread out.
- Post helpful information in the forums which are related to your niche and include your blog’s URL in the signature.
- Make a interlink to your blog post which are old posts. Try to link the other old post on your blog.
- Install Yoast SEO plugin if you are using WordPress for your blog.
- Always use keywords in your post title and also in subheading.
These are some of the tactics which helps to bring traffic to your blog.